Thesis Progress

on Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Well, that aside, one of the reasons I've been evasive during the first few days of the month was because I was with my girlfriend. She slept over for three days primarily because she was stressed with work (yeah she works now~) and just needed cuddle time. One of the most memorable weekends of my life... minus the whole "I'm feeling sick" tidbit.

That aside, good news! My partner Jason and I got a notice regarding our paper submission to the Philippine Computing Science Congress (PCSC) 2012, and got accepted into the conference for a POSTER presentation! screenshot of email below if you didn't believe me. xD

The rest of the email details the specifications of the poster, then we realized "A0 size? How are we making that?! DDDD:" Sadly we don't have any programs for that so we decided to ask one of our friends to go InDesign on it with the content we gave her. When she sent it over, I realized that there wasn't much in it, so wondered if I could still find some program to work with. And lo and behold, my other laptop had Microsoft Expression Design 4! And so I revamped our poster! Click on the image below for the full view. Alternatively, right-click and open the link in a new tab (not open the image, you won't be able to read a thing) :D So you guys have an idea about what I've been working on this past school year.
In other news, I'll be jumping on a plane this weekend to go to Naga to present our thesis for a workshop in one of our affiliate schools, Ateneo de Naga University. But before we leave, Jason and I have our final defense on Friday to worry over.

Final stretch of senior year, fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment