Dates, Recovery and Workshops

on Saturday, January 14, 2012
So to kick off this blog, I want to start off simple by saying I've been plagued with a bad case of the colds and cough duo for the past few days, which explained my semi-sloth behavior in coming up with the sense of typing up a post for my blog. And so here I am, still recovering, but engaged in much activity in the early days of the new year doing things of the social and academic fancies.

So I believe safe to start off with the more exciting story of spending time with my girlfriend~ Now, one of the movies Kai and I have been wanting to watch this year was Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Personally I love the whole franchise because I've actually read some of the Doyle classics when I was still in the mood of reading. Much more so when I watched the first movie back in 2009. Now, This particular movie franchise took my interest in mostly due to the starring roles of Holmes and Watson portrayed by the awesome Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law respectively. Clearly my new favorite pair of detectives nowadays.

You can find the trailer of this movie below, though of course the release date varies across the world. Here in the Philippines it came out just last Sunday, but all the same, the movie is a must watch. Funny thing about the pre-screening. The movie was rated PG-13, and the ticket lady out front asked us how old we were. As if we looked remotely close to 13. Well as far as compliments go, that's by far most acceptable for me, and in my responding 18, realized that I'm, in fact, 3 years older than what I say. SO I'M NOT USED TO IT YET LOL.



Anyway, moving on. After out fun viewing of the movie that nearly lasted 3 hours, we drove off to Quezon Memorial Circle to happily find one of my absolutely FAVORITE Japanese restaurants open for dinner service. New Kamameshi House has been a place of dining for me and my family for as long as I can remember. We used to go there frequently to celebrate achievements and what not (graduations and the sort) to savor the magic tastes of their signature Tori Kamameshi Rice. It was absolute heaven to have eaten a kettle of it, and well worth the wait and money. 

Immediately following this date, we move on to today. Earlier this morning after I took Kai home I attended a morning workshop that was organized by my thesis adviser, where she asked my partner Jason and I to give a talk on our thesis to the visitors from all over who came. It is for a fact that I was still feeling sick but I didn't want to let anyone down and not show up, so I went despite my sickness - which was more phlegm in the throat kind more than a cold, which ruined my voice and hence a bad idea - and ended up doing most of the talking as I later realized.

Well, regardless of that fact it was a fun talk, though it was rather sad that we weren't able to demonstrate our game to them, which would have been cool. But I do hope we got our point across. I'm actually looking forward to my Naga trip in February now after this. More stuff to include to my resume, haha!!

So that's about it. I've got some readings to do but I'm sleepy so I'm on the fence with what to do. xD Ah well. 

Carpe diem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment