Promotion!

on Sunday, August 25, 2013
It's been a while since I've talked about work here in my blog, hasn't it? I guess now would be the best time to actually sit down and give you a little update. We had our mid-year evaluations last June-July, and as I was sitting down with JD our QA Director, he handed me a copy of my evaluation. As I was reading through it, he told me (verbatim): "QA2 ka na. (for my foreign readers: You're now a QA2.) Yay pizza! *applause*"

QA2 is a job code, the title of which is equivalent to Senior Quality Assurance Analyst.

In some ways, I had already anticipated it. Coming into the company for my internship, I sorta took it upon myself to step into those shoes early on, especially when Nikka wasn't around who assumed that position. And JD solemnly agreed with me and told me to "just keep doing what you're doing". Gives you the notion that I'm being more than proactive in my job don't you think? Well, with that said, this sort of gives me a little more authority within the department of oh-so-little (currently there are two more QA's under me), with an official title status to back me up.

JD told me to wait for the official memo, so I just carried on doing what I was doing. August came and still nada, so I didn't really feel any different until I got my payslip last August 15. To my surprise, my gross income increased, and our HR, Miss Jane, congratulated me on the promotion as well. This just had me wearing a goofy smile as I stared at it. It took 8 days before our Operations Manager Sir Mac invited me to his office where we had a long discussion about this and that until handing me the memo regarding my promotion. Apparently it was in effect at the start of the month, so that's pretty awesome. :)

I know it'll take a while before we get our company going in the direction we want to go to, but I sure wanna be around to be one of the catalysts who instigate that movement. To do that, I'll make like a Sanada (Tenipuri/Prince of Tennis reference) and play the "vice-captain" of the QA Department and get the train moving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment