Devices and Job Promotions

on Sunday, April 13, 2014
Last Valentine's Day, my Dad surprised my Mom with a nifty new gadget - a new iPad Mini. He gave her an iPad 2 a couple of years back, and she was hinting at wanting something smaller. That being said, it left the iPad 2 in some neglect, when I nonchalantly quipped what she would do with it.

Of course I didn't expect much. After all, I never hinted at wanting one, though it has been on my wishlist to get myself my own device. But one Sunday morning when I was feeling ill they asked if I wanted to have it. Despite my illness I nodded a yes. Of course, that meant having to transfer out my Mom's amassed photo gallery before I could reformat it but I'm grateful to have a little tablet to play with.

Nowadays I'm finding it to be a nifty companion to help me play games FOR RESEARCH. I never thought I'd see the day really. Our focus on games gears towards mobile devices, particularly iOS and Android devices. Since my iPod Touch got snatched, I never had a personal device to take home and destroy play the build with when it came to the iOS platform. So this was ultimately a pleasant surprise. That and playing other games to find trends and monetization models that work - yes that's part of my job description now too.

Just last month, I (officially) took on a new role as Quality and Community Manager, which included much of the responsibilities I mentioned in this post two months back. Sometime soon I'll be getting more work and possibly a new title too, meaning better compensation! Just as long as I don't royally screw things up, I'm good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment