Trello

on Sunday, November 23, 2014
I don't normally blog about anything work related, but this project management tool we've been using ever since we became PlayLab has been so intriguing and intuitive I decided to make a personal one for myself. Primarily I needed to keep track of several stuff I needed to do - whether it was remember what books I had yet to read, bills I needed to pay or movies I wanted to watch with my girlfriend - so Trello turned out to be a great tool to help me do all that!

I went crazy and made a number of boards for myself and my girlfriend Kai since we're busy little bees with all our little projects (ah writers and their free-flowing imaginations). Up until now I'm still the one who makes more use of it than she does, but it's coming to a point where I'm sure she's starting to see the usefulness that it has.

What it is basically is a board that allows you to create an infinite amount of lanes and cards. Each card you can assign to a particular lane that may refer to that general status of that card. Say for example we want to track a bill payment -- we create a card under a "To Do" lane, then move it to "In Progress" when we're doing that task, then to the "Done" lane when we're through. It's that simple! You can add due dates, checklists and attach files and pictures for your convenience as well, and change the background and add labels to make things easier. If you hate clutter you can always archive finished/unneeded cards and lanes to keep things tidy.

If that piqued your interest, try out Trello today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment