Planning Sessions

on Friday, January 30, 2015
In the 6 years we've been together, Kai and I filled our time with plenty of random discussions of the future -- what we'll be doing in the next x years, where we'll eventually live, when we plan to do one thing or another -- amidst all the everyday conversations of the TV shows we follow or the stories that we write. I've always felt that couples talking about the future together is usually a good sign -- that they're ready to take the next big step into their relationship.

Nowadays I don't find it the least bit embarrassing telling people that I have a girlfriend. It's a phase I've long since overcome and I'm quite settled with the idea that I want to spent forever with her. There's just this crazily deep understanding we have of each other that I love that might be misinterpreted by other people.

These past 6 years have never been the smoothest course. After all, we were two girls facing the world, and we sometimes get pretty paranoid with how the world might judge us. Whether it be family, friend or officemate, the whole idea of publicizing that we were dating has always been a touchy subject. It's only just recently that I (a bit more than we maybe) have just stop caring about how other people might think and just charge ahead. After all, we have that right just as everyone else does to plan our own future.

That being said, we're taking the first step by doing something we've been wanting to do for sometime now -- taking an out of the country trip together. Of course, this would have some very elaborate plan to pull off, but we're really just checking things off our list.

Earlier this week I chanced upon the Piso Fare from Cebu Pacific and booked our flights in November already, so now what's left is the hotel and any other itinerary we end up doing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment