Regular Status + APE

on Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Talking about something semi-work related now, I had two things I wanted to talk about for this post.

1. JM's Regularization

JM first took internship with Anino Games back in May 2014. I vividly remember him being the only applicant to date who actually created a Test Plan for one of our games Manila Rush. While I was impressed with the gesture, I similarly questioned who would go through the trouble. A simple thought of 'He must really want this opportunity' crossed my mind, so I reviewed it after I confirmed that he had passed the Skills Test and set him up for Interview.

To me, everything felt awkward - he was older than me though he was taking an internship (a long story about his educational background that need not be said here), and this was the first time I was screening interns since I was already the lead of the department at the time. Nevertheless, I saw that he had potential so I gave him the go signal to work for our company.

After his internship finished, I was impressed with his work and urged him to come apply again when he was done with school. Come August, just at the time of the Playlab merge, he applied and entered the company. It was a hard 6 months from there, but I was glad to see him grow and tease him in-between. While he showed signs of emotional scarring due to the teasing (all in good nature of course), I encouraged him to push onward, and I'm happy he did. Now he's officially been regularized, and I look back and pat myself on the back a little for setting him on the same path as I once took 4 years ago.

2. 2015 Annual Physical Examination

Shifting topics, we always have this annual examination. What company doesn't right? I dread it for the reason that I get pricked with a needle, and I have a history of not taking that too well unless I eat something beforehand. Thankfully this didn't require fasting, and I didn't want to think about it all too much. Luckily, the person who took my blood this year had excellent light hands that left me with no bruise like I've experienced the past 2 years. The only odd thing though was since I had blood taken from me from my right arm, my blood pressure was similarly taken on the same arm. You could imagine my confusion and slight panic, but nothing bad happened anyway, so I guess that was a good sign.

0 comments:

Post a Comment