Musical Kuroshitsuji

on Monday, December 28, 2009
So some weeks ago, I stumbled upon a musical of an anime/manga series Kuroshitsuji (translated to Black Butler).

The primary reason I wanted to watch this musical was because of Sakamoto Shougo, 4th cast Echizen Ryouma of the Tenimyu franchise portraying Ciel Phantomhive. Doing my research, I discovered that aside from him, there were about two other Tenimyu actors featured in the musical, namely Aoyagi Ruito (1st Hyoutei cast Mukahi Gakuto) and Uehara Takuya (Shitenhouji A cast Oshitari Kenya) portraying Yuuki (original musical character) and Grell Sutcliffe respectively.

I admit, I haven't followed the manga or watched the anime, so this was a completely unfamiliar realm I was entering, but I pursued and watched through the musical anyway. What I found interesting if not amazed at was the actor portraying the lead role - Sebastian Michaelis -, Matsushita Yuuya. The first song he sang was Yes My Lord. And I am not exaggerating when I say that his voice is somewhat heavenly and polished. But then again, what you would expect from an artist with a powerhouse voice like Kimeru (1st cast Fuji Syuusuke)?

So going through this musical, I found a few more interesting songs that now nestle within the playlists of my iPod. One of which is a duet performed brilliantly by Shougo and Ruito's characters that heavily remind you of Final Fantasy in terms of its essence and music. ^____^

All in all, this was a good watch and has gotten me to read through the manga. Yei~

0 comments:

Post a Comment