19 years

on Tuesday, December 1, 2009
December 1, 2009. Today, I'm another year older~
I'm finally 19 years old, and currently in a happy relationship with my girlfriend Kai~ ^o^/

I spent the past two days (yesterday and today) celebrating. Yesterday was a holiday here in the Philippines (November 30, Bonifacio Day), so my parents decided to hold my party then so people could come for an early dinner. ^________^v

Wanting Kai to be present on my birthday, I picked her up at her place in Marikina, which is really a little far away from my house by car. Nevertheless, I went there. Since I was doing so, my parents decided to dump on me some errands to run with things to buy for the party that evening. So before I went to pick her up, I stopped by Shoppersville along Katipunan to buy a few things before making my way to her place.

After picking her up, we headed back home after stopping by Berkeley Square to purchase a few more things (the cake included!) before finally returning home.

The cake I chose from Red Ribbon was a Chocolate Mousse cake, which, I admit, is a type of cake I never bothered eating nor wanting as a birthday cake before. So it was a new experience, I should say. (Oh how chocolate lures me. xD)

Anyway, people came at around 5 or 6 already before we had dinner, the food of course prepared by my mother and my Uncle Jesse (who's a fantastic cook I might add). A nice spread of choices from chicken to ham to fish and pasta to choose from!

What was interesting to note about my birthday was the quality time I got to spend with Kai, as well as with my nephew Tristan. In fact, there was a funny instance between those two that really made me laugh.

The scene was that we were playing Wii Bowling (Kai, Tristan, my cousin Dabz and myself). In the midst of it all, I introduced Tristan to Kai.
Me: Tristan, this is your Auntie Kai.
Tristan: Auntie Kai...?
Me: Yeah~
Tristan: *goes to play his turn*

After a while...

Tristan: *goes up to Kai* What's your name?
Me: *laughs*
Kai: Kai.
Tristan: Ate Kai? (note: Ate means 'older or big sister')
Me: No Tristan, say 'Auntie Kai'.
Kai: No, it's okay.
Me: *in Tristan speak* Has to be Auntie Kai.

Tristan: *plays his turn and runs to Kai* Ate Kai, Ate Kai! I got a strike!!
Kai: Wow~
Me: Tristan, you have to call her auntie, not ate.
Kai: I said it was fine!
Me: No, it has to be auntie!

After some time...

Tristan: *goes up to Kai* What's your name again?
Dabz: How many times has he asked that?
Me: Tristan! *laughs* Four?
Kai: Kai.
Tristan: Auntie Kai look, I got a strike!

When his mom called him to leave...

Me: Tristan, what's her name? *points to Kai*
Tristan: ........
Me: *whispers* Auntie Kai
Tristan: Auntie Kai~
Cute cute kid, that nephew of mine~ (>u<)b

After the party, I took Kai home to her place, so that adds more night driving experience to my belt~

Now, onto the gifts! For this year, I got to cross out a few things from my wish list. Aside from the monetary form of gifts, I got a digital camera from my parents, navy blue chucks from my grampa, a Death note wristwatch from my aunt & her family, and some stuffed animals (not in my list, of course xD) from my sister's boyfriend. Included in this bunch is a wombat hat (for the lack of a proper name) from Kai that she got for me at the convention we attended last Saturday.

Here's a picture my dad took of me and Kai during my party yesterday using my new camera. (>u<)

I hope to get a few more things from my wish list this year. ^o^/

Today, I had school to attend to, but ate lunch out with my family and grandpa at Teriyaki Boy along Katipunan. After that, I met up with Kai and dropped by Starbucks to get some drinks (and to help her get more stickers for her planner). Funny thing was, she arrived and pulled out some chocolates from her bag, saying that they were from Daddeh Owl and Daddeh Burr (refer to this entry to know who I mean). We then went next door to Jollibee so she could have some lunch.

After all the greetings, I'm quite happy about this year's birthday celebration. ^__________________^b

Thanks to all who greeted me in person, by text, by IM, by Facebook, Plurk and any other method possible. It's great to know that you all took some time for me today. THANK YOU!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment