Sites from New York

on Friday, August 10, 2012
So this might well be my first quick post to serve as some sorta teaser on the places we saw in (the official) day 1 in our New York Leg of our vacation! So picture heavy with just a bit of descriptions, so to speak. I'll probably make a more detailed travel post when I have more free time. But just so there's a bit of explanation to the (awesome) vantage point of these pictures (except for Lady Liberty), these were taken from the top deck of the Hop-On-Hop-Off Tour bus we took along Downtown and Uptown.

Times Square. Not as awesome as when you see it at night, but still a great sight nevertheless. Of course I didn't include all the other amenities like the Broadway signs  (iconic of Times Square) since this tower was the best symbol representing it. That and my camera takes sloppy pictures at night.
The Empire State Building. I like the outcome of this shot that's off to the side a bit! It shows you a really awesome depth of the building. :D And that's all she wrote.

 The Flat Iron Building. You know, the one that looks like a big iron? I always enjoyed seeing this building. 8 years ago and until now.
 The Statue of Liberty. This time around my family and I had the great privilege of cruising over to Liberty Island where we could get this fantastic vantage point of her.
And finally, Brooklyn and Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan Bridge. This was during our Night Tour!

So that's it for day 1. Will probably put up another post from yesterday's trip where we visited some parts of Central Park.

0 comments:

Post a Comment