New Tricks

on Monday, January 14, 2013
Work has always been a place of learning beyond the classroom. Not everything you take in with you from the scholastic walls of your university are necessary or essential tools, after all. Coming from an Interactive Multimedia specialization of the Computer Science degree, I wondered idly what I took away from it. Let's consider my electives:

  • Object Oriented Programming for Mobile
  • Graphics Programming with XNA
  • Game Design I
  • Game Design II
  • Human-Computer Interaction
When it comes to programming, I don't often retain any lasting methods or practices for the lack of doing so. My efforts coming away from these were more on the conceptualization processes of things, so there was little to no exposure of taking away with me any real skill to apply.

Luckily, I was given the opportunity by one of my (former) officemates to learn the ways of creating cutscenes (cinematics or animation). I'm happy to report that I'm putting the training to good use and learning more along the way. Hopefully when all things are said and done, I've done Jamie proud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment