New Consoles + Poker Tourney

on Tuesday, January 1, 2013
So for Christmas this year, I asked my parents for a new gaming console: a Nintendo 3DS. My Dad had a flight to Canada (Vancouver and Toronto) and would be staying there over Christmas. When he FaceTimed with us during Christmas Eve, he asked me what the difference was with the 3DS XL. Of course, there was the size but otherwise it was pretty much the same. What I didn't expect was when he came home last Friday, I found a box outside my door bearing the label: Nintendo 3DS XL!


It was more than I expected but I'm glad I have something original and huge to call my own and to take care of like a child. Haha. It was apparently on sale for Boxing Day so hoorah for the upsize! 8D Of course, the first game to grace my new console is my very awesome Nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends game. :D

====

I'll dump in the New Year post here as well since the Internet connection on this laptop was pretty shaky for the past few days. So it was a first for Kai to have spent New Year's Eve with us, and was in attendance for the celebrations on New Year's Day when everyone was wearing green. Also held on this day was the annual family Texas Hold 'Em Poker Tournament!

This year, a total of 16 participants joined gunning for the top prize. After last year's near-break of placing 9th just before the final table, I joined the tournament with little to no expectations. Lo and behold, I reached the final table, knocked out the reigning champion and made it all the way to the Final 3, placing 3rd overall! Now that is how I want to start 2013! Below is a snapshot of the obligatory awarding ceremony photo-op. Do forgive the poor quality of the photo though. Will replace it with a clearer one once I find one. xD



Now with talks of rescheduling it to be done on my birthday henceforth, I'm hoping that my luck will carry over and send me straight to the top! Fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment