November Updates

on Wednesday, November 13, 2013
I always seem to find a need to psyche myself up to making blog entries, but whenever I end up staring at the blank space I just buzz out. But November has come, and it's brought along a few topics that are screaming to be talked about, at least in passing.

Tragedy
Disaster struck the Philippines when Typhoon Haiyan touched down with all its monstrous power in Tacloban, Leyte last Friday, November 8. Up until now, the news is still booming with updates on the aftermath. Thousands of families have been displaced and a large death toll count hasn't even capped yet, so it's normal feel remorse for them.

In this time of need, we all need to band together to help out in whatever way we can, but more news of groups looting the relief goods intended for the victims is just despicable. I just abhor hearing that these type of people exist and not have the decency to do the right thing and let what's intended for others actually get there. It's great to see the efforts people are taking to do what they can, and the international assistance we've received from other countries is very much appreciated. I tip my hat to everyone pitching in, doing and giving what they can.

Love
My girlfriend and I celebrated our 5th anniversary together as a couple last Saturday, November 9. We didn't plan anything extravagant, but decided to go someplace nostalgic and dine at a restaurant we frequented in college - the newly renovated Teriyaki Boy along Katipunan. The rest of the day, funnily enough, was spent playing Pokemon X / Y.

Success
Lots of activity in the office. Since my last update work-related, there have been some transitions and I find myself climbing up the career ladder a few more rungs. At present I'm carrying two positions, both as a Lead QA Analyst (QA3), as well as an OIC QA Director. The load is definitely larger, but I'm prepared to plow into it and make things work. Hopefully, I'll be able to get that coveted designation as director of the department (scratching off the officer-in-charge) with a bit more people to handle. Fingers crossed.

November sure has been eventful, and we haven't even reached the halfway mark. I've got a few more topics in mind, but that'll have to wait until next time. For now, we work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment