Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies

on Monday, December 30, 2013
The Ace Attorney series was always an interesting concept for me. And I had zero plans of taking up law to understand it better. But the thought of playing as a lawyer and doing some investigations to uncover the truth was pretty fantastic.

Now that I'm working in the game development industry, it puts things in a better perspective on how the game comes to be. Since this is mostly text-based, I can already picture the huge web that it has to pass through when a player selects a certain evidence or choice. One big mucho headache.

That being said, I sometimes plague my keen eyes for picking up on things I would usually ignore while playing. Or that's just the grammar Nazi embedded in me when I spot grammatical flaws in the English translations.

The latest game, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies is an eShop exclusive game (at least the localized English version anyway) that continues the story of Phoenix Wright and his return to the courtoom after the events of Apollo Justice. We see a slew of old characters that bring back just the right level of nostalgia, as well as a bunch of new ones to appreciate.

The universe created by Shu Takumi is where Kai and I enjoy writing stories in. And this latest installment could not contribute any better. Of the new bunch of characters, there is one I wanted to flesh out on and study for better development. His name? Prosecutor Simon Blackquill.

He's the Prosecutor for 4 and a half cases in the game, but what's so intriguing about him is his back story. I won't point it out here 'cause it'll spoil the plot, but all I will say is that he's definitely a character that needs a second look at. Plus there's plenty to go on beyond the courtroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment