Aftermath of the Tropical Storm

on Monday, September 28, 2009
This is one of the rare moments that I tune in to the news channel on TV. For once, I want to be updated with the current event that was the typhoon that passed. That's how much of an impact Typhoon Ketsana is right now. Everywhere I turn, I hear about the typhoon and the affects it brought with it; whether news came from the internet, TV or radio.

What may be more difficult to grasp is the fact that this typhoon has made itself known to not only my girlfriend Kai and her family, but also to a number of my previous teachers from grade school and high school. DDDDD8

The escalating number of cases I hear right and left about the state of things our country, especially of people I know, is such an eye-opener. A tropical storm this intense... to cause a flood so high.... to take so many lives... to displace so many families... to cause so much disarray... is something I didn't think I'd see in my lifetime.

To not experience the flood in the house during the worst is a blessing.
To not be stranded in a place that's not your home during the worst is a blessing.
To basically live through the worst is a blessing.

Be grateful for any casualties that you've avoided through the weekend.

So... truly... my greatest sympathies to the victims. My prayers go out to those who died during the storm... to those who are homeless... and to my friends who are going through hardships because of Ondoy. You are all in my prayers.

2 comments:

Lev said...

Awwww.. sobra nga yung bangis ni Ondoy :( The places which were never flooded before naabutan pa..Tama ka, we should be thankful na buhay pa tayo. The things we lost can always be repaid, but not our lives.

Akira said...

I really feel for the people affected by Ondoy. Let's hope Pepeng doesn't cause more damage. ><

Post a Comment