Castle

on Saturday, March 31, 2012
Some weeks ago when Kai was sleeping over, we were flipping through channels and stumbled upon Fox channel, where an episode of Castle season 2 was airing. I had seen the commercial dozens of times, and I would see glimpses of this crime drama in passing before I switched to another channel. But on that night, we decided to stick to Fox and watch through the episode. Surprisingly, it was a witty crime drama that has an excellent balance of crime, drama and splashes of comedy. Then again, what would you expect of a partnership between a homicide detective and a mystery writer solving crimes together? Wit, banter and dancing around each other. That sounded familiar.


After grabbing both our interest by the end of the episode, Kai and I decided to try and dig up some more information, and found out that there were already 4 seasons! So of course, acquiring the first 3 was the first step to sate our growing fandom of this new drama. So much so that we've even gotten as far as throw lines at one another in the personas of Richard Castle and Kate Beckett, played by two equally talented actors, Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic respectively.

After watching through the first season and currently on a season 2 marathon, I can say there's so much to work with and I'm looking forward to what Kai and I can do with this pair in the coming months.

That being the case, I'll close this entry with some birthday greetings!
March 27 (because I just unearthed the info): Castle's protagonist Richard Castle, Nathan Fillion

0 comments:

Post a Comment