Home-Cooked Mongolian

on Sunday, March 25, 2012
This weekend turned out to be one of the busier weekends, but considering it was at the peak of the onset of the impending summer vacation, I wouldn't be surprised. Yesterday, we went to Cubao to attend a simple dinner to celebrate my 2nd cousin Xavier's graduation from high school. It was a nice spread, considering Auntie Nenen cooked the banquet. Never mind the lechon coming some hours after all the other food was ready. That, at least, was semi-expected.

Right now I'm at my cousin's house for a get-together dinner. For a change, my Uncle Jesse, who usually takes care of the cooking, decided to try out a Mongolian-style dinner of filling a bowl of raw ingredients and cooking them together with a special sauce. Home-cooked is always a nice experience, and this was just another of those. It reminds me so much of our Christmas family trip to Boracay last December! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment