22nd Birthday

on Monday, December 10, 2012
Two Saturdays ago was the day I turned 22. I remained in the dark with about as much as what I wanted, which I guess warrants the usual dinner party at home. The only difference, I guess, was the presence of mutual friends with Kai. So it wasn't so much of a waste.

As Saturday came and gone, I had yet to confide what I wanted from my parents. It hit me the following day that I wanted new glasses. And the rest, while not exactly history yet, is still in its festering stages.

But let's go back to what I received to save us all from my ranting. God knows I would. So my haul was different from past years without the usual wishlist to choose from. But the gifts rocked in their own way for being so different and unpredictable.

So this year, I got myself a Pikachu stuffed toy and a Challenge Accepted Meme Shirt from the Binamiras, a black paper pad from my nephews (c/o their mom), a Genius Voodoo Doll from TC and Kay, an Adidas Star Wars Jacket from my Uncle Noel and Auntie Shirley and a Harry Potter 1 book from Kai.

Last Wednesday, I received the glasses I had bought for myself that served as my parents' gift for me. The frames are Exte, and our favorite optical shop, Executive Optical, was the usual niche for eyewear of the family. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment