Credentials and Destiny

on Saturday, October 24, 2009
When you look for that special someone in your life, do you set any standards? Do you write a little list that if they do all those things, you're sure that this person is the one? Well, to each their own, I say, so I've got no right pointing fingers; so instead, I'll just put my two cents in. ^_______________^

On a personal note, I didn't really set up any list of how my special someone should be or what they should do to impress me or where they should take me to earn my satisfaction. In fact, I own up to the fact that I didn't ever imagine I would need to make up such a list. And look where that's got me: having the most wonderful, sweet and adorable girlfriend one could ever ask for!!!! 8DDDD

I'm not exaggerating, let me assure you. Kai's one in a million, and it's always been my headache that there have been quite a number of guys and girls who would kill (though most not literally) to have her. Sure she's had her number of ex-girlfriends and boyfriends, but hey, the bottom line is she's with me, ain't that right? I won't go to the 'I'm blessed that the chose me' and all that for the mere reason that it isn't the purpose of this blog entry. xD

What is the purpose of this entry is simply this: to discuss my little thoughts on credentials in a relationship. I don't have any to speak of, but hey, there's no harm in speaking my mind out~ ^__^v

So, credentials. Nothing's wrong with daydreaming about that perfect guy/girl; what kind of hair they should have, what background they should have, what special talents they should have, etc. But when it comes to actually looking for someone like that, don't keep your hopes up too high. Just find someone who, in your eyes, can become that perfect special someone in your life. Never expect that that perfect person exists and is waiting for you to find them.

You can, at your own leisure, write up a little list of where you want that someone to take you to; or things you expect them do to. After all, one's fantasies have a chance of being fulfilled, often with the one they end up being with. ^_____^b

If you do own a list of credentials, then be prepared just as well to be surprised time and again. There will be times when that someone does things that will make you love/hate them more. After all, in their own little world, trying to impress you is one thing they never want to mess up. ^___^v The girlfriend/boyfriend you're currently with may end up making a few mistakes, but also the best choices to bring your relationship to another level, regardless whether it ascend/descend a notch.

Should you not have any credentials, like myself, then try counting the number of times you've been 'wowed' by your girlfriend/boyfriend. Never mind if it's in the simple wardrobe they put on to unintentionally seduce you! Consider the times that you're with them; where you go together, what you talk about together, what you do together and so on and so forth. If there are times when you feel like you're the luckiest person on the face of the earth for being with the one you're with now, then there's no longer a need to search for any other~ ^________________________^b

I'll end this entry with something I picked up from a movie (apparently was My Sassy Girl) that really made me think about a few things. Here's what I picked up from what I got to watch. The two, Jordan and Charlie, both wrote letters to one another and buried it by this particular tree, promising each other to read it after one year. So yeah. Time capsules are interesting, don't you think? 8D


Jordan: Well, if he and I were meant to be together I would have been healed by yesterday.

Old Man: What kind of nonsense is that? Yesterday was one day ago, your healing was off by one day.

Jordan: One very important day.

*Old man offers to help her dig up the letter to read*

Jordan: Destiny has spoken, and to search for him, will be like trying to shape and mold destiny and that just can't be a good idea.

Old Man: Just suppose that the shaping and molding of destiny is, in fact, your destiny.

Jordan: Huh... I never thought about it like that.

Old Man: I'll tell you what destiny means if you really want to know. That's the least I can do for letting me stare.

Jordan: What does it mean?

Old Man: Destiny is the bridge you build to the one you love.

Jordan: But if it's meant to be, it's meant to be...

Old Man: I've been hearing people say that to me for 78 years and I got to tell ya it really pisses me off. Okay, I leave you to your letter. It's not polite for me to stay. Besides, you're gonna cry. It's very moving. He must have written many drafts. I wish you a story with a happy ending and wisdom to look for it.

Jordan: Thank you.

I really loved the Old Man's words about destiny. It got my attention in an instant that I began questioning what destiny meant to me. And whatever definition that would hold for me, I know for one shining moment that to be with Kai is destiny.

1 comments:

jv said...

i was gonna watch that movie yesterday
but i changed my mind.

Post a Comment