The Bangkok Experience: Abridged

on Sunday, November 15, 2009
This entry will be allotted for sharing a few pictures throughout our family trip to Bangkok, Thailand from November 1-4, 2009. Brief explanations will be provided, of course.

Here we have a family picture upon our arrival at the airport. The terminal was HUGE. Seriously. @_@

The second picture is a shot of our whole group who went on this trip. Thirteen (13) of us all in all. This was in front of the first shrine we visited during our half-day city tour, and the picture was taken by our tour guide Popeye.

Before making our way to the second shrine of our city tour, we came across a McDonald's where the ever-familiar Ronald McDonald was standing outside. His pose, despite the usual 'Follow me/Welcome, step this way!' pose, was uniquely Thai in nature. "Only in Bangkok," so Popeye said. And what better way to capture the moment than to have a picture with it! In this picture is me with my two aunts copying the pose, and my nephew Tristan being his usual, silly self.

Next we have another family picture at the second shrine we visited. Forgive me for not providing names as I didn't expect to be using these pictures anytime soon. Hahaha.

Our group was lucky to have come to Thailand as we were able to take part in the Loy-Krathong Festival held during a full moon that happens every November (or the 12th month in the Thai lunar calendar). It was a wonderful experience! Above is a picture of my mom and I with our krathongs.

Day three of our trip brought us to Samphran Elephant Grounds & Zoo. The highlight of our visit there was of course to see some elephants! I don't know why, but I'm a fan of elephants. Ah, the nostalgia of having read Babar when I was young. xD The ivory that is that elephant's tusks that I'm touching above was really smooth! >u<

This is the climax of my trip: riding an elephant! It only lasted for a short time, but it was exhilarating to have had the opportunity to do this! ^_______________________________^b

And finally, a shot of the my father's side of the family at the airport as we head back to Manila. We basically took this picture to send to my grandmother in Belgium (my dad's mom).

With all the shopping, the site-seeing and the bonding, I think Bangkok is a place I wouldn't mind paying a visit to a second time. ^___^b

0 comments:

Post a Comment