The Bangkok Experience: Day 2

on Monday, November 2, 2009
So this morning I woke up to my 6:30 am alarm for breakfast. As much as a buffet it was, it really had a variety of foods to choose from! At least after looking around yesterday, I have a good idea of what I'm getting tomorrow. xDD

So this morning we went out to a city tour, visiting two temples and Gem Company amidst our little road trip around Bangkok. But since I didn't have the camera most of the time, I won't bother going into much detail, save for having to ring 44 (well, 41) bells at the second temple, supposedly for good luck. ^___^b

MBK was a nice place to be at afterwards. My sister recommended we eat at Pepper Lunch, ironically a Japanese restaurant where she, my mother and I ended up eating Chicken Pepper Rice as our lunch. xDD I have to admit, though, my sister was right. I should really think about taking Kai to one of the branches back in the Philippines on one of our dates. ^__^v The amakuchi (aka honey brown sauce) was delicious too!

Ahaha. After that, we had some Dairy Queen for dessert (though it was sad that they didn't have Kit Kat. DDD8) before we all went about our ways browsing MBK for things to buy. And boy was there a selection! xDD

Here's a list of the things I bought for me and/or for Kai!
The first thing I bought was a hat worth THB250 for myself!! Hahahaha. I've been looking around for this, and I'm glad I finally found one~ Wheeeee~

Next thing I bought was a shirt for Kai. I didn't take a picture of it since I wanted it to stay in the plastic. But the shirt color is red and the design is of two dogs. 8D

After that, my sister and I spotted our dad miraculously amidst the crowd before we headed upstairs a floor to look at all the gadgets and gizmos where my dad suggested my sister looks for a case for her iTouch. I piped up about a DS to my dad and we looked around for a while for a reasonable price.

In the middle of our search, I found this Animob container worth THB120 whose design just reminded me so much of Kai I just had to get it for her~

Not too far from there, my dad was talking with one of the clerks about a Nintendo DS and we agreed that we'd purchase that! 8DD After all, spending THB3900 on it with the package sounded like a good deal. ^__^b A little downside was that I had to spend some time choosing the 40 games, and I spent the other half of my trip money plus a few from the money I still had for it but at least I already have it!! 8DD (Note: I wasn't really playing with the DS here. I was just posing. xDD)

After that, we regrouped at the ground floor where I browsed around the souvenir store and ended up purchasing Kai a panda hat worth THB220. Since it couldn't fit me, it'd fit her just right (I think xD)!

The last thing I got before we left were two bracelets worth THB80 each; one for myself and one for Kai. Wheee. And finally we headed back to the hotel to rest.

Our evening trip was out to the Loy-Krathong Festival near the Pagoda. 8D We got to experience making a wish and setting our krahtongs down into the river and watched them floated off. What I found nostalgic about it all was that back in my 2nd year of high school, we celebrated an Asian Festival where my class was assigned the country of Thailand. The song we sang was what you'd call the theme song of the festival. When our tour guide, Popeye sang it in the shuttle, I remembered. xDD

So yes. Afterwards, we headed to the night market for a while to browse around before heading back to the hotel. I got to experience room service with my mom and enjoyed some carbonara! Mmmmmmmmmm~

Day two was just as tiring, but altogether another fun day. ^__^b

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, I think we went to MBK and not MHK... :D

Cheers

Kuya Travis

Anonymous said...

that reminds me of Sizzling Pepper Steak back here :) yum yum :))

Akira said...

Hahahaha. Thanks for the correction, Yabz! Edited it. :D

Post a Comment