Saturday Classes

on Saturday, August 22, 2009
I could hear the rain pouring in the early hours of the morning as I twisted and turned in bed trying to get a few more hours of sleep in before I had to wake up to get ready for school. Having Saturday classes ruins the long weekend, especially if they're scheduled in the morning. This is probably where living in close proximity to school comes in handy, as I don't have to leave extra early just to get to school on time.

At about quarter to 7 in the morning, I was still laid out in bed, blinking away the last of the sleep as I pondered whether to get up or not. I had to be in school within the hour and I was taking a car. With my body aching still from my fall on the pavement (scraping my right elbow and my phone) last Thursday, I pushed myself up and headed to the bathroom to grab a shower.

I was dressed not long after, got some money from my mom before heading downstairs, had a banana and brushed my teeth before heading off to school. A 15 minute drive from the house to school. It was raining a little bit even until I got to school and parked the car. My section left a little later than usual, waiting for the rest of the group that could arrive. Personally I was hoping that classes would be cancelled, but alas, my wishes (as well as my classmates' wishes) were unfulfilled and we were on our way.

The jeep ride was always quite silent with everybody keeping to themselves and would most often be taking naps while listening to their iPods. It was a long drive, after all.

We got to the area a bit before 9, where me and my co-tutor Bianca spotted our tutees Joyce, Gaile, Honey Mae and Novelyn. We were a little lax with the lesson plan provided since apparently our kids already knew a thing or two about what was to be taught, so all that was left to review them or on the rare occasion, teach them from scratch.

I actually enjoy teaching little kids. I've been doing them a number of times while I was growing up as part of a club or requirement for a subject so it's really nothing new. Guess this is why I chose to go into the LTS component of my NSTP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment