The Family, A Family

on Sunday, April 25, 2010
I was listening to my iPod earlier since I couldn't sleep and came up with this poem. This time around you never know what I may be talking about, so I leave you all to figure it out; who I dedicated this poem to.

The Family, A Family

I knew not the day, nor even the year,
when the tears that fell held meaning.
Not of sorrow but of joy,
perhaps the first conscious effort.
Overflowing, the tears fell,
almost unexplainable.

String and woodwind duet,
accompanied with emotion and sincerity.
A heavenly sound is created,
appealing to the soul.

Not a need, nor a want,
but yet I received.
At ease it brought me,
reminding me much of how to love.

The family, a family I recall,
comprised of the me that is I.
To be a daughter, or perhaps a son,
is what I want to exemplify.
To love... and love wholeheartedly,
just as sincere as the song I hear.

To the daddy and the mommy I love,
please continue to love me.
For everything that I am,
for everything that I'm not,
and absolutely everything in between.

0 comments:

Post a Comment