Losing and Cherishing

on Thursday, March 4, 2010
They say that you only realize how much someone means to you when they've crossed over to the next life. For others, they've been convinced time and again how much that certain someone means to them because of the closeness they have. The realization that that person is now gone puts them in a devastating situation.

Now, why do I bring this up? That's because I know someone who lost his mother recently. Let's call him Yukio, but that's not to say that's his real name. Anyway, after finding out from some of his closest friends as to how he was taking the news, I really learned to sympathize with him and his family. I understand Yukio, who was quite close with his mother, and considering that she was his only parent left since his father's death.

I may not know how hard it is to lose a parent yet, but what I do know is that for Yukio, his mother wanted him to achieve the best happiness he could ever have. He has a successful career, and a family of his own to love and care for. From what I've been told, Yukio's mother was a really loving and understanding person, and loved Yukio's own family as much as Yukio himself.

I would like to believe that Yukio's mother would not want them grieving for her, but simply to keep each other close through this loss and continue what lives they live, the love she left to them being the thing that strengthens those ties.

And so I address this to Yukio: In losing someone dear to you, seek to cherish your loved ones even more than you have been thus far. In doing that, you will know that the love, care and support you've received from your own mother will continue on; in your heart and in the hearts of those you and your mother have touched.

0 comments:

Post a Comment