Math Projects

on Wednesday, March 17, 2010
It's past midnight but I thought I'd take the time to compose a quick entry anyway while I'm still here. My initial excuse was waiting for my battery to fully charge but it finished just a few whee moments before I actually clicked on 'New Post' so meh.

So why am I up this late? Usually, regardless of schoolwork, tests to study for or readings that need to be read I just chuck everything onto my desk, shut Roy (my laptop) down and just plop onto bed with the lights closed and head off to sleepyville. The reason, my friends is a Math Project.

Why is that such a big deal? Well, so much as it's much easier working in pairs (which we are), Java isn't very easy to grasp unless you're a natural genius at picking up stuff like my partner Jason is. xP Lemme give you a little insight on what exactly we're supposed to do.

This is actually the second and last project we've had for our AMC125 (Calculus for Computer Science II) class that involves solving ciphertext and converting it into plaintext and vice versa. Basically numbers to letters and back with the use of nifty keys and stuff (particularly the RSA Cryptosystem, just so you guys know). Our deadline is on Friday (which is 2 mere days from now), and we were lazy bums to do it last week or the week before that, so we cram (though not to the max!) it until the week it's due. Wheee.

My head hurt a lot with this, but I got my part of the program (the decode method) to work smoothly (with a lot of help from Jason. Go figure xD).

I'm off to bed now. @u@ One less headache for the week~

^__^b

0 comments:

Post a Comment