Tears of Joy

on Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Let me share an experience I had on the eve of my 19th birthday. If there was anything more endearing than receiving gifts like a digicam from my parents or new shoes from my grandfather, it's to have something made from pure talent sent your way, dedicated for you.

And that's where my friends come in. All of them have musical inclinations with instruments that they took some time off to record and send me their cover of a song. They each did it in pairs, handling a duet of instruments for the song they did.

The first was Tsuyoshi and Hibiki, who did a piano and violin duet of Ave Maria. Similarly, there was Koji and Toru who also did a piano and violin duet of Music of the Night from The Phantom of the Opera musical. Having listened to them both, I was, no doubt, touched. But ultimately, it was the guitar and flute duet of Eyes on Me done by Kazuo and Yukio (from one of my previous posts) that made me consciously shed tears of joy for what I believe to be the first time in my entire life.

I can never thank them enough for this. And I wanted to take this opportunity to do that properly. -^_____^-

0 comments:

Post a Comment