Movies and Mark Ruffalo

on Monday, May 28, 2012
I think I'll blame The Avengers. Since its debut here in the Philippines last April 25, the hype never seemed to end and the impending box-office smash hit managed to take away two of it's screening times from my life; one in 3D, the other in good ol' 2D viewing. Of course, when are movies ever going to be a waste of my time?

But this Avengers movie was different. Of course, with a star-studded cast portraying a band of epic superheroes, how could it flop? The biggest surprise came in the big package, all bundled up nicely with a bow in the form of Mark Ruffalo portraying Bruce Banner / Hulk. 8D

It was a welcome surprise, really. He was a newcomer compared to the rest who reprise their roles from previous Marvel flicks and the third overall to portray the good doctor. And may I say, he has just been full of surprises. He made me an insta-fan for Bruce, and I'm very much glad to hear that the overwhelming positive reviews landed him a six-movie deal to continue portraying Bruce! *cheers*

In other news, I decided to procure a copy of 2004 flick 13 Going on 30, where Mark portrayed the adult form of Matt Flamhaff. It's not surprising that a number of his movies have him in the same demeanor and acting style, with variations in character personality. Needless to say, he is just very much a great actor that has gotten my utmost respect.

Best of luck to him, and I'm very much looking forward to his future work and success in the Marvel world~ Looking forward to his own Hulk movie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment