Some Spring Cleaning

on Thursday, May 3, 2012
Monday last week (April 23), my net was uncooperative and prohibited me from chatting with Kai, so I decided to finally clean out one of my cabinets brimming with school papers and readings. I decided to sort them out into trash, reusable as scratch paper or memorable papers and readings to hold onto to add to my little collection.

Among these collection of works are the readings I attained from my three Philosophy classes in college. In this little collection of mine, I have the following:

  • Plato's The Republic 
  • Plato's The Cretan City
  • Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics
  • Michel Foucault's Discipline and Punish
  • Michel Foucault's History of Sexuality 
  • Michel Foucault's The Use of Pleasure
  • Hannah Arendt's The Origins of Totalitarianism
  • Hannah Arendt's The Human Condition
  • Hannah Pitkin's The Attack of the Blob
Along with this collection, I have several scripts carried over from my Literature 14 class back in freshman year. The titles of which I won't care to recall or elaborate anymore. After going at dumping papers and readings in the thrash for disposal, I find myself with packets of scratch paper and several memorable pieces of output. A fine way to remember college, I think.

(Obviously this is a long, overdue post)

0 comments:

Post a Comment