All service lines are busy now....

on Thursday, January 14, 2010
Cellphones or mobile phones are convenient among people who have one. The basic functions a standard phone has to send messages or call makes contacting other people so much easier and accessible. Of course, there's always going to be a downside to it.

Think of the phone as a lifeline. What you hold in your hand is quite powerful.... and perhaps daunting at the same time. I say this because it serves as your connection to other people, especially to people close to you for instance. So in that manner, you only develop a sense of truth that the person sending you text messages is really your boyfriend/girlfriend if their messages look and sound a particular way. There's also the fact to consider with concerns to habits.

When are the times your significant other doesn't reply to your message? Either they're taking too long to think of a reply, they didn't receive it, they chose to ignore it and not type up a reply, they don't have any more load to send it, their battery is dead, there's no signal, their phone got lost, broken or stolen, and perhaps other insane reasons. How about the times your significant other doesn't answer your calls? Fairly the same reasons above, right?

Some may not think too much of this, but the phone in your hand is a device that can cause you as much stress as too much work in school or at work. And based on personal experience, it's no laughing matter.

I'm the kind of person who easily worries when I don't get confirmation about something concerning Kai. I often overlook having to overspend on my postpaid just to give her a call that costs around Php6.50/min, to hear her voice and make sure that things are really okay. Whenever I don't receive a reply to my messages or she doesn't answer her phone is enough to get me worried. At some points I would try and call several times and hope that she picks up, and that nothing bad's happened to her.

It's a pretty scary experience that only becomes comforting when you finally get that reply or when they pick up your call..... The time you wait for that one pick-up or reply is, I kid you not, nerve-wrecking to the core.....

I guess I worry too much or over-analyze things sometimes to not consider a few possible reasons as to why she's not replying or answering her phone, but I guess that's a testimony to how much I love and care for her to make sure that she's okay when I'm not around.

^___^

0 comments:

Post a Comment