Family Gatherings

on Monday, January 4, 2010
For me, it's always the case that I don't expect much out of family gatherings, but end up surprised and pleased with the entire thing once it's done and over with.

Take the recently concluded annual bingo tournament we have every start of the year. I see cousins from my mom's side of the family I rarely see to add to the usual bunch of first cousins we always celebrate parties with. What's different about this particular gathering was that I was able to attend it - even though it was just at our place - with my girlfriend Kai. ^___________^v

And to be quite honest, I enjoyed myself just a bit more because she was there with me. She and I won a handful of games each (mostly whiteout games), so we each got some nifty prizes for the trouble. Ain't bingo great? 8DDD

On a not-so-related note, I've had this tendency lately to disseminate my money between Kai and myself to use for our dates, for her commuting troubles and even for material things that she would like that I wouldn't mind spending for. Just recently, I went to Fully Booked at The Block and purchased another manga (Junjou Romantica vol. 10) for myself that cost Php585, as well as the Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Do-It-Yourself book that cost Php460. On most occasions, I wouldn't even consider spending more than Php200 for anybody unless I absolutely needed to, but Kai is apparently a different case for many, many reasons. ^_______________^v So she can be spoiled when she can be.

I also ordered another CompSAt Geek Shirt for the two of us; both Plants vs. Zombies (which I ironically do not play) designs. Now, despite the fact that I had purchased her one of the two designs while a blockmate of mine purchased the other design for me as a Christmas gift, I wanted to get us both the other design we didn't have because a friend of ours pointed out that I was supposed to have the peashooter shirt design while Kai had the sunflower shirt design. xDD And he had a valid point, so I decided to save us the trouble of debating and just got reprints that I hope to get by this week. ^___________^b

0 comments:

Post a Comment