Inside Jokes

on Friday, July 8, 2011
So earlier this afternoon I was spending my usual time between 12:30-3:30 in ALLS, and Dr. Wayne Patterson from Howard University, who was going to be giving a Cybersecurity Talk among other things tomorrow, was there. One interesting conversation that took place was when he was inquiring about the venue of a certain event that was going to be taking place at around this time when he was clarifying that it be 'on the roof' of some building in school.

I laughed, of course, and he was asking why.

Then I told him that it's more of a 'roof deck' than a roof because we mean that it's the top floor that could be considered the roof so there we go.

Some new terminology that he and I can laugh about whenever someone mentions having an event on the roof (which is not to say that it's actually on top of the roof itself). xD

0 comments:

Post a Comment