Writing Fever

on Saturday, September 24, 2011
So this little entry comes rather late for the simple fact that the very reason I'm typing up an entry this late into the night is because I've spent practically the whole day in front of a laptop typing away. Whether it's constructing words and sentences, backspacing or alt-tabbing to switch between windows to check sources, I can say that I spent a good portion of my day dedicated to getting thesis work done, which is actually saying something.

Between me and my partner Jason, I handle more of the paper content and coherence, as well as the art assets for the game, leaving most of the programming in his capable hands. I'll agree he tends to spazz out from time to time in agitation at failing to understand why his theory to get a method isn't working, but he gets the job done so there's not much for me to complain about. The guy's pretty smart in the programming department (the better among the two of us for sure), so I can count on him to get things done. It's all a matter of cracking the whip whenever necessary, especially when deadlines are looming.

Since he and I are one of the groups among the Affective thesis groups that are on par with the rest of the groups, I'm pretty confident that we can get our prototype working for our upcoming defense at the end of the week. Considering I've just sent the draft of our paper to our adviser crosses out one agenda off my writing list. Thankfully one less thing to worry about for the time being.

The other writing assignment I'm stressing over concerns the script for our game in our Game Design class. The deadline's on Wednesday and ideas are flying around in my head. Since I have the day planned out for tomorrow I figure I could get to work on that when I get home and just do things gradually from there. It's a fun and tedious task but at least I get to apply what I do for a hobby (roleplay~) with this assignment.

So after all that, I surprisingly come up with a lengthy post, which is a rarity among many of my blog entries. I'd add random smilies across the board but my eyes are closing and telling me to get some sleep if I want to even wake up to go to class tomorrow. So I bid you all goodnight~

0 comments:

Post a Comment