Cosplay

on Friday, February 12, 2010
The world of cosplay or costume play is, no doubt, becoming more of a trend with the emergence of more conventions here in the Philippines, if not the whole world over. It's quite thrilling to see Japanese anime have this effect on people, actually.

On a personal level, I've got the chance to get involved and attend some conventions in costume, so it was always a fun experience.

Here's a breakdown of my cosplay adventures. The first costume I donned to a convention was back during the ToyCon held last June 14, 2008, when I costripped (cosplaying for fun without intention of entering the competition) as Hinasaki Mafuyu from Fatal Frame. Above is the picture I got with the pinoy version of Hard Gay. 8D

A few months after, I teamed up with my good friend Mica and decided to attend the Lights Out Yaoi Con held last September 6, 2008. I cosplayed Ootori Kyouya from Ouran High School Host Club while Mica did Tamaki.

A month later, I attended the UP AME Harujaku scheduled November 8, 2008 as Tezuka Kunimitsu from the Prince of Tennis alongside my girlfriend Kai who did Fuji. Perfect Pair for the win!

The next convention where I costripped with Kai was during the succeeding AME, UP AME no Jidai held last November 28, 2009 where I reprised my role as Ootori Kyouya while Kai was Haruhi.

To finish off the year, Kai and I attended the Cyberzone Cosplay Tour in SM Marikina last December 19, 2009. I did Ootori Choutarou from the Prince of Tennis while Kai did Shishido. Yei Silver Pair~

For this year's AME, or any convention in the latter half of the year (depending when the costumes are done), Kai and I have a new series in mind to cosplay. So you'll be sure to enjoy that. ^________________^ Until then, no spoilers yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment