Samurai High School

on Saturday, February 20, 2010

One reason or another, I had a feeling that this j-drama series would leave me with a good feeling of taking the time to watch it. Samurai High School, comprised of 9 episodes follows the story of one Mochizuki Kotaro (played by Haruma Miura), who is possessed by his great-great-great-great grandfather with the same name, a general from the Sengoku period some 400 years ago who died at battle.

By virtue, Mochizuki is a senior high school student on the verge of graduating and preparing for entrance exams into university, who gave no effort into studying and joked around very often. When he came to be possessed by the samurai after his visit to an old historical library, he gains a friend in the form of Nakamura Tsuyoshi (played by Shirota Yuu) after saving him from shoplifting threatened by some group of girls from their school.

After just watching the final episode, you learn to realize just how defining the plot is. It seems you learn a lot from a samurai possessing you. Hahaha. I think what I learned can be best summarized by what Kotaro said to his classmates and teachers in the final episode:

"I... made a friend. He is conceited, stubborn, and to make matters worse, he died at age 17. But he told me... "Although you are alive, you are not living!" This made me furious! But truthfully... I realized something. Because until I met him... I had always buried my true feelings by joking around. I... I had completely given up on myself. Now... inside of me, there are so many things that I've learned from him.

As long as one doesn't fight, one cannot win.
One cannot give up until the end.
One should admit one's mistakes... if... one believes there was one.
It's wrong to blame others for your own failures.
Do everything you can to live fully since you're on this earth anyway.

That is why... I will fight. Please let me fight!"

Admirable, wouldn't you agree? ^________________^b
I brand this J-drama series a MUST WATCH!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment