Tidbit 013

on Thursday, February 11, 2010
When I was young and full of hope.....
I had a knack for riding on a bicycle. Like most kids, I learned how by utilizing training wheels on them before I grasped the concept of balance required to operate a bike. Of course, that didn't mean I knew the concept of speed and control until I got myself into an accident in my own subdivision.

The streets along my subdivisions vary. Some are straight, some inclined. The particular road (that long, long road) where my house is (a corner house), has quite a few inclined paths. So when I was young I went out with the supervision of one of our helpers and biked down that street. During the slope downwards, speed picked up and I ended up falling off my bike and caused a nasty gash on my right knee scraping against the asphalt.

Traces of that injury are almost invisible now but it goes without saying that you can still feel and somehow see the marks left by that accident.

Moral of the story? Learn how to use the brakes. That never stopped me from riding a bicycle though. ^___________^b

0 comments:

Post a Comment