Eye Opener

on Saturday, June 27, 2009
This thing called reality can catch you off-guard to the point of making things so surreal unfold... happen right before your very eyes.... or behind your back (figuratively so). Before I head to bed, I just want to get this out of my head so I'll have less things to worry myself over for the weekend.

Reality bites. We hear that time and again but who exactly would know the true meaning to that? The answer of course would be the people who've gone through so much misfortune in their lives to belittle themselves because they just can't see logic around it anymore. I'm not saying I'm one of these unfortunate people, but I will say I know of someone.

I've learned that there are people in this world who are capable of causing so much pain and deception... all because they want to make life miserable for the people they choose. It's a pain that the person you've placed so much trust in and shared seemingly good times with turn out to be nothing more than liars. I'm agitated that I had to find that out in the harshest way possible. Compare it to a bomb exploding with you upon contact as it's been dropped overhead. Everything you believed in was instantly blown into pieces; shattered and irreparable. The overwhelming idea of things as they're bluntly presented to you suddenly becomes the hardest thing to bear emotionally.

I go back to what I mentioned at the beginning of this blog; that the real world presents events so surreal that you just wish that you really were just dreaming it all up. Things that are most unlikely to happen happened, and I still am dropping my jaw in quiet disbelief that THIS was my reality. That THIS was what the situation was and that THIS all happened. Quite a number of things have happened to myself and my girlfriend that would only happen in the framework of stories, roleplay, fanfictions and drama/soap opera shows.

I've realized long ago that my relationship wasn't exactly what you'd call 'normal', but I'm quite convinced that the reciprocation of love is what should define a true relationship. In another context, the relationship I'm in isn't normal in the simple truth that we've been through sooooo much more than any couple should ever want to experience. We've dealt with a number of 'enemies' who try to break us apart and many times we've come so close to it, but we manage to stay together because of so many other factors that I'm all but grateful.

Whether or not we exemplify ourselves as a couple who's gone through much hardship and still be together is not for us to proclaim or gloat about. Our problems - as heavy as they've come - may not compare all too much with quarrels between couples over the simplest of things or the semi-serious problems that come their way, but they were problems that we had to face, experience and get over.

For the sake of confidentiality I will not put into detail what's happened thus far, but only assure you all that it really is too surreal to put into words. Too much emotional breakdowns cleverly hidden behind fake smiles and isolation has been the result of such experiences. I don't want anybody else to go through anything similar to what we have, so I'll end this with a piece of advice to those who are currently in relationships (of course, I'm no expert when it comes to relationships): Love your partner unconditionally. Accept them for who and how they are. Letting them know that you care for them so much and that you'll always be there (in spirit, at least) will become the only thing that will keep your relationship together when it's on the brink of being lost. Give them constant reassurance; shower them with affectionate words and gestures. But most importantly, BELIEVE in what you have.

When faced with adversity, you'll be amazed to see how powerful true love is. ^__________^v

0 comments:

Post a Comment