The Family Wii

on Thursday, June 11, 2009
Back in 2007 (if my memory serves me correctly), our father came home with this video game console after our constant pestering one afternoon coming home from the mall. We were intrigued with the Wii Sports the four of us (me, my brother, sister and father) got to try out at one of the toy stores and wanted to have one for the house.

Due to my father's constant trips to the United States back then, it was no surprise that he managed to purchase a console there for a better price and bring it home with him. The first few months since the Wii had been with us, everybody got out of their way to spend time together to play a few rounds of Bowling. Even our mother enjoyed it.

Perhaps among the family, it was I who grew most attached to it in those first few months, staying on longer in the den when everybody else had already retreated upstairs to their bedroom for the evening. I tired my arm out playing repetetive games of Bowling to best my own record in certain Training events provided with Wii Sports before I was satisfied enough to head to bed myself.

And without a doubt, I made some progress with my overtime, scoring a Platinum medal in the Bowling's Power Throws training among others that I have, until now, been unable to beat.

During our trip to the United States that same year in October, I purchased myself a Wii game of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which I played immediately when we arrived back home (but not before I tried it out on the Wii console of my cousins back in San Diego).

The summer of 2008 brought about more interesting tokens from my father on his return from Honolulu: my laptop Roy and Guitar Hero III for our Wii. I had asked for a laptop for my high school graduation + 18th birthday + Christmas (though my parents being loving parents, still spent for a proper 18th birthday celebration for me, and I love them to bits for that), and Guitar Hero III was something me and my sister have been prodding about once again.

The Wii, these days, is now used for mere entertainment to be used when having guests over. My 3-year old nephew, in particular, insists on playing with it whenever we have parties here in the house. On other occasions, me and my cousin, whenever he finds time to come over with nothing else to do, spend some time downstairs to play with the console.

Of course, that's not to say I've abandoned from playing with it on my own once in a while. I just need to find the energy to pull myself away from the laptop for a few hours to play a rousing game of tennis or bowling.

Which I just might do to properly end my summer vacation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment