Returning to Poetry

on Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Allow me to share one of my favorite pieces of poetry that I've come to compose a few years ago. I've laid down my poetry pen for quite some time now and my repertoire of poems has not increased too much since then. Perhaps now that I've acquired some more topics to write about, I'll start writing again.

---

Just Another Night

Forevever engrossed in the vase expanse,
that which a million stars shine down upon us.
Lying under this warm sight,
a little boy came upon the Earth.
And it was in that moment,
that the world stayed still.

Forever lost under this sky,
the years passed, its face changing constantly.
Until we came to see,
these same bright starts that survived time and space.
The boy grew up, and his life was claimed
by the God whose will was then fulfilled.

Today, our kind looks up at these stars,
Pondering merely on their intricate designs.
But what makes the stars so perfect to gaze upon?
To admire and sink deeper in meaning?
Here we are, just another night,
of star gazing to our heart's content.

Originally posted [here]

---

For more of my selected poems (and songs), you can visit my deviantArt account. The collection of Poetry I've composed are found [here]. Just navigate your way around if you want to view the rest of my gallery.

Back then, writing poems was something that turned into a little hobby of mine back in 2005 if memory serves me correctly. I had written my very first free-verse poem shortly after watching Kingdom of Heaven starring Orlando Bloom, Liam Neeson and David Thewlis. Later on, I decided to put my talent to use by composing poems out of leisure and eventually as a means of dedication to people, most of whom were my high school teachers. It was what I gave them as a my little token of appreciation for them when Teacher's Day came along.

It's nostalgic just thinking about it...

When I come up with new poems, I'll be sure to let you all know. But for now, I really need to get to bed. Good mornight, everybody.

0 comments:

Post a Comment