Second Year Begins continued

on Tuesday, June 16, 2009
The second day of classes was once again tainted by the constant downpour of rain light and heavy throughout the day. 'Early morning' traffic is annoying as usual. Then again, I quote that as an understatement that 6:30 in the morning already piles up traffic every which way, especially within the UP Diliman campus, where a number of cars use it as a route to come out along Balara to get to Katipunan. Earlier with my parents, we were caught in moving traffic for about 30 minutes. It was already 7 o'clock and we were in front of Bocobo Hall inside UPD, and therefore we were all thankful that my class was at 7:30.

Well, I won't go on any further and rant about traffic, because I personally want to blame the construction of the road widening outside UPIS to be the cause of it, as well as the U-Turn placements along Katipunan. So yeah.

My T-Th classes, which, for once, is a completely different set of classes as I only have Math three times a day now (with it being 3 units as compared to my first year). I arrived at Kostka at around 7:20 for my FIL 14 (Panitikan ng Pilipinas) class, where me and my blockmates who took up basic Filipino last first semester in our first year (Vincent, Robert and Jaime) finally reunited with the rest of our blockmates for our final required Filipino class. Crestfallen that our professor didn't end up being any of our previous professors (specifically our FIL 11 professors), we instead will give in to this assignment of professors and try our best to get through the semester under Sir Alvin.

Immediately following this class (though we were dismissed early with it being the first day of classes) was TH 121 (An Introduction to Doing a Catholic Theology) one floor down in the second floor with Fr. Randy. Personally, I found him quite interesting and fondly reminded me of a mix of CL teachers I had back in Miriam, so I look forward to succeeding classes with him.

PS 21.1 (College Physics 1 Lab), after waiting patiently for 20 minutes after the class time with 6 of my other blockmates who shared lab sections with me, we declared it a free cut (as was the practice there) and headed off. So we're still a little clueless about who our professor was, and will just have to rely on Thursday for them to show up.

My prayer has been denied as the downpour of rain was unforgiving. I waited off the lunch break and got the car sticker of the school for my dad's car before heading home. Truly, June is the month of many days of epic failure in terms of weather.

Things are looking brighter in other aspects of my life, so the balance is quite welcome.


0 comments:

Post a Comment