Block Outing

on Friday, November 12, 2010
ブロック外出。(ぶろっくがいしゅつ)Burokku Gaishutsu. trans. Block Outing.

So these will be one of the few blog entries that aren't so random; quite true to life if I should say. (^▽^;) And with that being the case, I believe that it's only fitting that I give a more or less thorough explanation, which I don't think I've been able to do with my blog entries these days. I'm beginning to neglect the reason I started a blog, so here's my poor attempt to get back on track for a change.

Don't let the title deceive you; all we did was have lunch out (which we haven't done in a while, quite miraculously), and it really got me to realize a few things. But before I go to that, I need to hit rewind for a bit.

The setting right now is that we're juniors; third year college students who started off being one big ol' block comprising of 28 different personalities. I can still recall the humble beginnings when not everyone was quite that open with one another and just went their own way; a time when block unity held no meaning. But towards the end of that first year we interacted as a block and we got to know one another... to an extent.

Come second year (or even towards the end of freshman year) that number dwindled down to 26 when Jomar and Bok left for their own personal reasons. It quickly chopped off another one when AM shifted out as well. By around the summer of third year - or somewhere around that time - the block count dwindled further to 22 when Beau, Bea and Top shifted out as well.

Towards the end of second year Gie headed to Korea for an exchange program similar to the Junior Term Abroad or JTA program that Ateneo promoted that several of our blockmates availed of and proceeded to do so by the start of third year. Ben and Paul headed to Hong Kong, Tiff and Joyce to France and Jason much later on to Japan. Upon Jason's departure, the block count that remained dwindled further to 16.

Out of this 16, the 11 (Me, TC, Lev, Izza, Kim, Gabby, Robert, Vincent, Dar, Neil and Maan) of us, along with Beau, Bea and AM had lunch at Shakey's along Katipunan, which ultimately became a blowout care of Maan, who shared quite the not-so-shocking news, which, to some extent of privacy, I shall sum up to the fact that that number 16 of Block N is now 15.

。・゚゚・(≧д≦)・゚゚・。

Much that we expect our six currently-out-of-the-country blockmates to eventually come home in the coming months.... it's really sad to think about it, really. But what shouldn't be forgotten is the fact that amidst all this, there will always be the memories shared, however brief they may be. And I think that's the best thing to hope for.

Regardless of the choices we make that may lead us astray, the friends we've made along the way will always be there.:*:・( ̄∀ ̄)・:*:

I've taken day-to-day pictures up until my second year, so I've got a whole bunch of pictures to look back on. Maybe when time allows it I'll make a video compilation of it..... before I get a job graduation! ♪(*^ ・^)ノ⌒☆

0 comments:

Post a Comment