My Cousins and I

on Sunday, November 28, 2010
私のいとこと私。(わたしのいとことわたし)Watashi no Itoko to Watashi. trans. My Cousins and I.

I've got two younger cousins. Dabz and Jostin. Both of them, being the boys they are, outgrew me before I knew it. Heck, I don't even know when I became the butt of their jokes, but love can't be bought, and that's just their way of showing it. At least that's how I've come to realize.

While I don't have any pictures of our not-so-distant past (aka our little selves growing up), what I do have to share are pictures dating some 3 years past; which is always a testimony to the relationship and antics that my cohorts and I shared as cousins and as fellow partners-in-crime.

Warning: This is an image-heavy post! xD

2007 pictures: with Dabz taken June 1 (Left), with Jostin taken July 28 (right)
Me and Dabz - May 29, 2008

May 31, 2008

I believe this was a celebratory dinner for Auntie Shiony's (Dabz's mom) birthday at their place. And yes, Dabz was playing Guitar Hero without facing the TV because it was a song he memorized.

July 31, 2008 - Despedida Party
Despedida dinner for Jostin's family at Adarna who would be migrating to Canada

August 2, 2008
Celebratory lunch at Icebergs for Jostin's sister Ate Joan 

Me, Jostin and Dabz - August 5, 2008
Day before Jostin and his family migrated to Canada. )8
November 3, 2009
 Day 3 of our visit to Bangkok


July 28, 2010

 Celebratory dinner at The Frazzled Cook for Auntie Joji who went to the States for a few weeks. Spy vs Spy reminded us a lot about Jostin, especially all the times he and Dabz played the game. xD

If there was one thing that the three of us liked to indulge in, it was the fantasy of roleplaying. We'd pretend to be these secret agents or whatever and letting our imaginations run free, always had a blast. While our years growing up were spent running around dodging invisible enemies and particles whenever we had the chance to spend time together during family get-togethers at different houses, our imagination grew along with us. It wasn't long before our seemingly random play dates became more and more constant (our characters, at least), and it developed into something of a story. Finally, we established Xhevix.

Allow me to pull my explanation from my fanfiction.net profile about this concept.

It all began with our original characters, Joe Ashter, Andrew Plasma and Joey Sandders. We three were hooked on playing adventures every time we had the chance to get together to plot. At times we would roleplay it right then and there. And then we began expanding the idea, adding both enemies and allies alike into the twist until eventually, there was a need to keep track of them all. And so began the creativity of three. What started out as just our three characters evolved into an expanding number of characters, with different abilities.

And guess how many we plan to make. 999. We've already done 800+ and counting!

To make the job a bit easier, we three split the work, dividing everybody into different groups. The enjoyable thing of creating new characters brought with it the task of thinking up of quirky names, outrageous abilities and awesome team logos (which are viewable here). We've also begun writing a story to go with it, but we can only do so much. At the moment, we're focusing on creating all the characters first. Pretty tedious, but it's a fun little project to spend time on when we can.

This was the same thing I talked about in this post. So for reference, you can consult The CADEX Files that is still currently under construction. xD

0 comments:

Post a Comment