Musical Kuroshitsuji 2

on Tuesday, November 2, 2010
ミュジカル黒執事2。(みゅじかるくろしつじ2)Myujikaru Kuroshitsuji 2. trans. Musical Black Butler 2.

So I finally got my hands on a copy of the anticipated Kuroshitsuji musical today!! о(ж>▽<)y ☆
Ever since its premiere last May, waiting 5 months for the DVD release was a long wait indeed. Besides watching the performance of previous performers from the first musical (notably Matsushita Yuya and Uehara Takuya), I was very much looking forward to the performance of the new Ciel Phantomhive, Nishii Yukito. Familiar faces from other musicals surfaced here as well; Fujita Rei (FuumaMyu's Mibu Kosuke) and Yousuke Crawford aka Luke C. (Tenimyu's Kite Eishiroh) as Viscount Druitt and Ronald Knox respectively.

I must say there was a huge improvement in contract to the first musical! ヘ(゚∀゚*)ノ First of all, there's a lot more songs this time around; 15 awesome songs spanning the 2 hours!! The songs really took the cake here, actually. The first two songs alone sent goosebumps over my whole body!

There was definitely more comedy here too, especially with Uehara's excellent Grell performance, (guh my eyes have been tainted! (ノ゚ο゚)ノ ) as well as drama from two original Shinigami characters, Eric Slingby played by Taisuke Saeki and Alan Humphries played by Matsumoto Shinya. Ciel, although his exposure wasn't as vast, was well-performed and did not disappoint! (o^-')b

By far my favorite songs are Checkmate, Shinigami Haken Kyoutai no Theme and Keiyaku~ You can find them on YouTube if you're interested!

There's probably more I could say about this but for now I'll leave it at this. x) I shall go listen to the soundtrack now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment