Badminton

on Wednesday, July 22, 2009
I guess I enjoy the whole idea of running around the court chasing after the shuttlecock and sending it to the opposite court in the best way possible. Run, hit, recover. That was something that always slips my mind on the occasion of actual games. One thing is on my mind: that I absolutely HAVE to reach the shuttlecock when I can and hit it back and get ahead in the game.

Quite similar to tennis, I find my strength when I play 'up front' in a doubles game. I'm able to finish a few rallies with a smash or drop shot to get us the point.

Personally, I think I want to be as active in sports as I'm still able to, considering the mild scoliosis that I have. I want to play tennis and badminton to the best of my abilities for as long as I am able to.

Now, having badminton as my PE this semester is truly the most interesting. I can actually pull out all the stops and just give it my all in the way I know how and focus on improving myself and the stamina that was taken from me due to the summer lag and bumming around.

Earlier today was the second day of mock doubles games (although graded) as me and my partner Stef were playing against players from the other class. As opposed to our dominating win in our first two matches last Monday, the first match today was full of unforced errors, resulting in our first loss in a match of two sets. Personally, my whole body was complaining early this morning, plaguing me with the morning sniffles and a few aching muscles. Not to mention my loss of fatigue by the end of the class.

The second match, to which we only managed to finish the first set (with a score of 22-24 in favor of our opponents) was where Stef and I wanted to redeem ourselves. We promised ourselves that we would be fully recharged and ready for Monday to at least bring that match to a draw and not another loss on us.

What surprised me, though, was the fact that as I sat there to catch my breath after recording the score of the first set, the teacher from the other class complimented my skills and told me how good I was. My own teacher would often ask me to demonstrate or assist him with things for probably the same reason, I would guess.

I'm excited for the coming weeks in PE now, actually. I'm actually competetitive when I want to be, and I will surely do whatever it would take to try and turn a game around. ^_____^

Which reminds me... Kai plays badminton very well, so I've heard. She and I have yet to play a singles match against one another, so perhaps I can arrange a Saturday afternoon for it... *strokes chin in contemplation*

I look forward to our showdown. ^___________________________^

0 comments:

Post a Comment