An interesting weekend

on Sunday, July 26, 2009
This past weekend has been nothing but full of a good time. Not to mention that tomorrow has been declared 'No classes all levels' by CHED. There are a few points I want to share with you all.

1) NSTP Insertion

Setting aside the fact that I had to wake up at 6:30 in the morning to get ready and wait for my sister to take me to school, the insertion we had to Lagro-Maligaya was a fun - yet tiring - experience as would all succeeding ones be. There was no set modules, so we were free to interact with our tutees and play with them if we wanted. I was assigned three kids from the 4th grade level - Joyce, Gaile and Dimple. Dimple was absent that day, so I had Joyce and Gaile to entertain. I joined forces with my classmate Bianca and her tutee Honey Mae and we all played a little bit before having a short feedback session with everybody and heading back to school afterwards.

2) An afternoon with Kai

I invited Kai to come over to spend the afternoon together after her Marketing class, so I immediately decided to take a nap right after lunch in the guest room where my mom frequently did her work. At about 2:30 when I got a text from Kai saying that she was on the way, I woke up and headed upstairs to my room and before long, went back downstairs to let her in.

As both of us were tired from our morning classes/activities, we both took a nap in my room, watched a few parts from one of the TeniMyus (Treasure Match Shitenhouji 5B) where we commented about some of the Seigaku 5th cast members and headed downstairs to play some Wii Sports (tennis and bowling). It wasn't long before she had to head home. But since our landline wasn't working, we had to go to the subdivision gate to hail a taxi. I suggested to take one of our family's cars to drive her there, and to get some more practice down with my driving skills.

Kai suggested I do at least one round about the subdivision as it was still a little bit early, so I obliged. She commented that I had been practicing, but was honest with her and said that I had not had the chance to drive ever since the last time I drove around the subdivision with her two Saturdays or so back. After I found a parking space, we quickly found a taxi that she took and I decided to have one last drive around the subdivision before finally returning home.

3) Driving Incentive

When I got back, my mom was telling me how I should already get my license. After telling her that I was planning to get it this Friday with dad, she told me the upside of already being able to drive around on my own. Since she was going off on a business trip some two weeks in the future, she would naturally be leaving her car to be used. And if dad would ever have a flight to the States and not use a car, then me and my siblings would each have a car to drive. That actually gave me more of an incentive to get my license already. 8DDDD

4) Learning how to prepare some food

My mom's birthday is tomorrow, July 27, but she wanted to invite people over to dinner and celebrate, hence tonight's birthday dinner celebration. She decided to make her famous lasagna and baked chicken, and I offered to help her out so I was able to know how it was prepared before it was put into the oven to bake. I still don't know much about actually preparing the ingredients, but now that I have a rough idea how it's prepared, I can probably be of more help next time around. Eventually, I'd be able to make it myself in the future! ^_____^v

0 comments:

Post a Comment