My LS Tennis Club

on Thursday, July 30, 2009
Little by little, I begin to recall the reasons as to why I joined the LS Tennis Club during its formation last semester, and continued to stay with it as the Secretary-General (as Coach Dave likes to term it) until this very day.

Coming into the new schoolyear, me and the core members (the current officers) were having a little trouble kicking off club activities due to the weather. But lately the skies have been clear and we've been able to meet on dry, clay surface that is our tennis courts in the university. We've luckily been getting new members to join the club, so pretty soon we'll be a well-operated club a little later on.

Moving on to the sport itself, I find it a little difficult once again to make adjustments, particularly with controlling my wrist power. I say this because I take badminton as a PE, which demands the use of my wrist for gameplay. So I guess it's no surprise that Coach Dave put me in a group that did drills for most of the night's session so I could work on my strokes. I know it's a bad combination, badminton and tennis, but hey, I love them both.

To be honest, what I can't easily regain control of is my forehand. I already had a rhythm going down for me last semester, but again, badminton plays a bad hand in this. Needless to say, that's not what I wanted to focus on. When we were free to practice our service while most of the others were playing King of the Hill, I found that I was getting more consistent in my service, getting them in 80% of the time. While I still lack enough power for a decent serve, getting them into the appropriate service box was what I wanted to focus on.

Hopefully as time passes I'll be able to master locking and unlocking my wrist power for badminton and tennis when it's rightfully needed.

^____________________^v

PS. I'll be getting my driver's license tomorrow. Wish me luck~

0 comments:

Post a Comment