Love and Relationships

on Thursday, July 2, 2009
Although people constantly tell me that it's all part of the process... can someone get hurt this badly in a relationship? I love my girlfriend and she loves me, don't get me wrong. It's almost to be expected that there will be several occasions where we have some misunderstanding between one another, right? I guess the only thing for me to point out right now is... when can we have a moment's peace?

We've been bombarded with so much negativity in the form of particular third-parties constantly that enjoying day-to-day life without worrying about anything bad happening becomes so much harder to achieve lately. Yeah, I know right now a lot of you are thinking to yourselves, 'So what? The type of your relationship would logically have that kind of problem, wouldn't it?' And I agree. But does that mean that we should simply give up? That we should allow ourselves to be torn apart against our will? That we should let people decide what's best for us? No, I don't think so.

Kai and I have come close to being pulled apart due to one reason or another. And right on the brink of severing that tie, we manage to hang on. We manage to repair things and return to being engulfed in the abundance of love we both share for one another.

Love conquers all, as the fairytale goes. That's actually a phrase I want to hold onto... because that's something I will forever be giving my girlfriend: LOVE. Shouldn't it follow that this should be the foundation of every relationship? That two people start to form a bond because of this powerful force we call love? Without it, the bond is bordering on pointless. A person can support someone financially and take care of them, but if they do not faithfully love their partner genuinely and receive a reciprocal of that love, then the entire bond holds no meaning whatsoever.

I know that what Kai and I share is special. And I don't ever want to give her up to anyone. Not when the love I feel for her is still burning strongly in my heart.

I made a lot of mistakes in this relationship. But amidst all that, I'll follow the advice someone once told me:

"If you love her still...if you need her... don't let her let go of your hand. And this time...if she comes back...do all it takes to make her stay yours and at the same time you stay as hers."

.....It's just ironic that the person who told me this... is the very same person trying to take my girlfriend away from me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment