Again: Take 2

on Saturday, July 4, 2009
I'll be referring to one of my previous entries (Again) because basically, I just realized that the English translation I referred to, now that I look back on it, could better be used to apply to somebody else I know. ^____________________________^

I was singing the song to myself in the shower because I was bored when halfway through, I stopped and had a massive breakthrough. I then started to sing the song again, but slower as my mind started piecing things together; making connections with the lyrics and the possible facts that this friend of mine was going through... And here's what I discovered. The lyrics to the song found in that previous entry, are italicized:

It seems like I'm chasing after the past = his mind is looking for someone from his past
I write it down in the pages of my notebook = he keeps a written journal

'Cause I'm looking for the me that is still honest = he still has those feelings for someone deep, DEEP within himself

And I will always remember the depths of the darkness = a bad childhood experience, I reckon
I'll lose this feeling of being so helpless = he wants to try and overcome such a bad experience and rise above it

I've really messed up = he made some mistakes in terms of his relationship
But try to realize that I have closed my eyes
Just because the world is too harsh
And I'm willing to blind myself = in accordance to that past experience, he doesn't want to face reality anymore and be in his own little bubble that's secure where he can do what he wants

And my heart turned red with this passion
And it almost consumed my very being = he was about to be completely drowned in his thoughts of jealousy and ruining another relationship (i.e. mine and Kai's)

And I really want to scream out = he wants someone who can understand him

How do you unlock this door that has no key? = the door, I would imagine, would symbolize coming back out into reality, to stop being caught up in the past

And the things I once abandoned
I want to try and find again = well, this one is pretty obvious; looking for the person whom he still loves and who still loves him back that he let go of before

So..... there. ^________________________________^v

Why am I analyzing this too much? ^_____^;;
Hmm. Guess I still care for the guy. Friendship is so complicated sometimes. ^_________^b

0 comments:

Post a Comment