Snooze Fest

on Friday, July 3, 2009
I've always been proud to tell anybody I chat with that I won't ever fall asleep on them late into the night without making sure that I've said my good nights, shut down my laptop, put it back on my desk and retire to sleep for the rest of the evening. And I've been true to that for the longest time I can remember ever since I acquired my laptop Roy back in the summer of 2008.

Last night was the first. I was chatting with Kai with my laptop on my bed when she got back from some planned meeting that we were all against (which ended happily though, so don't worry so much). At some point when it was almost midnight, I found myself slowly but surely drifting off to sleep. But I fought it off for a few minutes and before I knew it, my eyelids grew much heavier than I realized and dozed off.

When I woke up more than an hour later, I looked around and saw that my bedside table lamp and my laptop were still on. The time on my wall clock and laptop clock read about 1:50. I groaned and saw the stream of messages Kai left for me when she realized that I had not been replying anymore before I hastily went to relocate my laptop back on my desk, shut it down, turn off my bedside lamp and finally sleep the rest of the early morning.

Whoever thought I'd see the day? xD

0 comments:

Post a Comment