Rookies Sotsugyou

on Tuesday, May 25, 2010
ルーキーズ 卒業。(るきずそつぎょう)Rukizu Sotsugyou. trans. Rookies Graduation.


So earlier this morning I finally finished watching this J-drama-turned-movie finale of Rookies entitled the title of the blog. Basic synopsis include the regulars of the Futakotamagawa Baseball team enter into their third and final year of high school, with one last chance to achieve their dream of reaching Koshien (National High School Baseball tournament), guided by their teacher Kawato Koichi.

With all the cussing and stuff this series has given us, there's an equal taste of lessons to be learned and dreams to admire. It really makes you feel part of the team's struggle to achieve their dream.

'Flutter towards your dreams! Glitter into tomorrow! Aim for Koshien! by Kawato Koichi'

That is what Kawato repeats to the team, and becomes their drive to win their matches. All the raw emotion is definitely felt as I watched this 2-hour long finale to the awesome rendition of the manga that I was never able to finish because I couldn't find all of the chapters.

Along with Kawato and the team: Mikoshiba, Aniya, Shinjou, Wakana, Hiyama, Sekikawa, Yufune, Okada, Imaoka and Hiratsuka, I enjoyed accompanying them running after their dreams. It's inspired me to never give up until the very end and believe in myself with every fiber of my being.

I started watching this because my favorite Shirota Yuu was in it. And as I watched this, I realized just how epically awesome it was that he got the best scenes and delivered the best lines in the film in my opinion when things were getting tough for them in the final match.

What got me though were the graduation speeches of the graduating students that they delivered one by one to Kawato on the baseball field. Knowing a little Rookies background having read some of the manga and followed the drama from start to end, I can definitely and truly understand the meaning and sincerity behind those words, and tears started flowing from my eyes with each speech leading up to Mikoshiba's.

I'm all too late in watching this, I know. A year late, even. But having finally watched this, I can close the book on this part of my Jdrama fanaticisms and continue with my head held high. This series will always inspire me! And I'm so glad I watched it from start to end!

To the directors, producers, cast and crew of the drama and film Rookies and Rookies Graduation, and the creators of the manga......

本当にありがとうございます!!!
(Translation: I deeply thank you for everything!!!)

^____________________^b

0 comments:

Post a Comment